- Vibiemme Domobar Super Heating Exchanger
- Vibiemme Domobar Double Boiler
- Vibiemme Junior Heating Exchanger
- Vibiemme Junior Double Boiler
Click here for Schematics and/or Manuals in PDF format (scroll down for Manuals)
Stefano first saw the VIBIEMME DOMOBAR SUPER HX in the VBM Factory in September 2004. He was so impressed with the machine's quality (see inside the machine) that Stefano's Espresso Care began working with Vibiemme to introduce this top-of-the-line machine to the American market and find a major U.S. importer. After meeting again with company representatives at the Milan Coffee Exhibition in October 2005, Stefano's Espresso Care received one unit to test and use on a daily basis. Since November 2005, Stefano has been using and testing Vibiemmes both in our facility and at home. Their quality continues to impress us.
Vibiemme continues to perfect the Domobar Super and Domobar Double Boiler from previous versions, and their most recent improvements and enhancements help keep these machines at the top of their class. (Scroll down to see some detailed pictures).
The main reason we classify the Vibiemme line as Best in Class is because of reliability. These machines have been sold in the US since spring 2006 and have an excellent track record. Initially, we had shipping damage issues mostly attributable to mishandling by shipping couriers. However, those have been resolved with a newer style packaging and removable feet for shipping.
The second reason that makes Vibiemme Best in Class is choice components paired with quality design – attributes which not only add to the reliability factor, but also to the quality of the espresso. Of course, part of this success is the fact that Vibiemme primarily builds full-size commercial machines, rather than only home units like many other companies that sell similar products.
Here’s are some reasons that make Vibiemme Domobar Heating Exchanger so outstanding:
- True Faema E61 grouphead - Vibiemme became the offspring of Faema in the early '70s, and they co-own the patent to the Faema E61 grouphead. The original group that Vibiemme uses is stamped with their logo.
- Larger boiler - The 2,4 liter boiler is the largest you will find in this class of semi-commercial reservoir-only espresso machines. The larger boiler not only adds to the temperature stability of the grouphead, but also offers a greater amount of steaming capacity. To support this large boiler, Vibiemme has added a support bracket rather than just using the pipes to hold it on like other machines.
- Wider diameter tubing to and from the heat exchanger - The tubing from the grouphead to the heat exchanger and back is a whopping 12mm outside diameter (10mm by 12mm on the curved bends) – the same diameter you’ll find on full-size commercial machines. Not only does this wider diameter tubing allow the heat exchange system to hold more water for improved temperature stability and increased water flow in the heat exchange system, but it also makes it harder for scale build up to clog the passage.
- Three stage power switch – Since machines are usually shipped empty of water, this switch makes it virtually impossible to damage the Heating Element during the initial boiler filling. Many other machines have an autofill valve too small to fill the boiler fast enough before the heating element heats up, which can weaken and even burn out the element.
- Microswitch under water reservoir – The purpose of the high quality microswitch Vibiemme has installed under the reservoir is to stop damage to the heating element when the water reservoir is close to empty. Other manufacturers use magnetic sensors or safety level probes—which with time gets coated with mineral scale and becomes faulty.
- Full size pressurestat - Many semi-commercial espresso machines use small type pressurestats such as CEME, MATER or Jaeger. Keeping with their aim for highest quality, Vibiemme installed a full-size, UL approved pressurestat on their HX. This pressurestat is more reliable and tougher then the little ones, and it is easily adjustable from the top of the machine without having to remove the casing.
- Control Box (auto boiler refill relay) – As with many manufactures, Vibiemme uses the industry leader for its control box, but Vibiemme took it one step further by mounting theirs on a bracket which keeps it away from and lower than the boiler heat. It’s low enough to keep it away from the rising heat, but not sitting on the bottom of the machine where water spillage would immediately damage it.
- UL Commercial Tested - Underwriters Laboratories (a.k.a. UL) tests products for public safety. Surprisingly enough, a lot of other machine sold in the US are NOT UL approved.
- Pump Position – All vibiemmes are equiped with a thermal protector which, if necessary, will cut off power to prevent the pump from burning. Also, the ULKA Vibrating pump has been repositioned to minimize the vibrating noise.
- Extension for three way solenoid valve – which minimizes discharge water from splashing over the drip tray and inside the base of the machine when the grouphead releases the pressure at the end of the shot.
- New feet - All Vibiemme models have been upgraded with easily removable rubber-bottomed feet.
- Placement of two pressure gauges - Most machines only have one boiler pressure gauge. The Vibiemme Domobar Super has a second gauge which provides the brew pressure reading while pulling a shot. This can be helpful when fine-tuning your shot, HOWEVER, the shot itself will be the final result of your skills.
Below are some pictures detailed pictures and some more here (inside the Vibiemme)
Furthermore, here two different reviews from COFFEEGEEK and HOME BARISTA
Please Note: The first review was done by coffeegeek in 2005 and a lot of changes have been made to the machines since then. More recently, Home-Barista performed a more professional and in-depth review. Bottom line, the Vibiemme Domobar is a SUPER machine.
Any questions? Please contact us.
Click here to see the redesigned 2011 Double Boiler Vibiemme V3.5.
Click here for a complete manual for Heating exchanger pre 2011 (courtesy of 1st-line equipment)
Supplementary PID and rotary pump manual. (courtesy of Stefano's Espresso Care)
Descaling manual VBM Heating Exchanger (courtesy of Stefano's Espresso Care)
Descaling VBM Double Boiler pre 2011 version (courtesy of Stefano's Espresso Care)
Vibiemme Double Boiler 2011 Manual ( Courtesy of 1st-line, made by Frcn Digital with Stefano's Espresso Care collaboration)
Vibiemme Official Web Page New Re-Designed web page 2012
MANUAL JUNIOR HX
MANUAL DOUBLE BOILER
Manual Heating Exchanger
Electronic Heating Exchanger
Manual Heating Exchanger
|Double Domo||Double Domo||Double Domo|